It's becoming clearer and clearer to me that blogging long stories is pretty difficult, because the time to do it just doesn't really exist. I don't know when I can get around to writing about my Czech adventure. So as to not keep you completely on tenterhooks, I'll sum it up briefly:
- Got a ride with an incredibly pleasant guy named Tomáš who sounds like Jim Carrey in Dumb & Dumber when he talks in English, and has the body language to match.
- Found out that the place I was planning on sleeping was no longer available to me, whereupon Tomáš promptly offered his house.
- Went to a bar with Tomáš's friends, and arranged to go fishing with some of them the next day, and climbing the day after that.
- Fished and caught the only fish of the day, a pike. We weren't particularly dedicated about fishing, beer was more the order of the day.
- Got up the next morning and went with one of Tomáš's friends named Martin to a natural climbing wall in Roviště, on the Vltava (=Moldau) River, and became absolutely exhilarated by the process of climbing. I must do this again.
- Stayed in a dorm with one of Martin's friends, and explored the enormous, abandoned Strahov Stadium.
Anyhow, I'm currently in Lisbon, soon to get some directions for how to take the Way of St James northward to Santiago de Compostela. Of course - Portuguese pilgrims take this path too! I just had a joyous two and a half days with Grandma and Grandpa, eating more than I could eat, and also talking for hours and hours and enjoying being with them. It had been so long. Now I can hardly wait to get home. I guess maybe when I get on the pilgrimage path it'll get out of my system, but for now I almost wish it were Christmas already.
I'm just about out of time at this internet cafe, so I'll leave it at that.